Family, business and personal relationships are complex and can cause some upheaval and upset, impacting families, businesses and financial stability for generations.
We specialise in helping High Net Worth clients, their businesses, family offices, commercial, family and charitable trusts, trustees, fiduciaries and other advisors to avoid such unpleasantness with various services, including:
- Trust structures and disputes: We draft and implement domestic and international Trust structures. We have much experience working withTrust restructuring disputes, fraudulent misappropriation of Trust assets, challenging and defending Trust assets against creditors and professional negligence claims and working on disputes between beneficiaries and trustees concerning the administration of high-value and complex trusts and estates
- Estate and private wealth planning: We will help you efficiently pass over your estate tax. Being sensitive to family dynamics and our clients’ desires, we plan for the legal and tax-efficient transfer of family wealth, honouring philanthropic intentions and including governance, succession, and assets. This includes pensions, life insurance and assurance policies, antiques, vehicles, investments, property and more. Please talk to us about your wishes, and we’ll help you plan your Inheritance tax liability
- Succession planning: We’re adept at working on succession planning for many eventualities, ensuring families can meet estate and inheritance taxes. We can also work with you to discuss if you’d prefer to pass on your business or sell it, and we will talk you through the ramifications of both options
- Estate and Succession disputes: Though our preference is always for the alternative dispute resolution route, sometimes conflict is necessary or unavoidable. In these cases, we will pursue or defend litigation and/or arbitration proceedings involving multiple parties in multiple jurisdictions
- Asset management Our expertise includes worldwide asset-tracing and recovery, injunctions and freezing orders
We also offer advice in the following areas:
- Professional Negligence/Breach of Trust: claims concerning the administration of Trusts and Estates
- International private wealth and capital: advising on structuring international investments in the most efficient manner
- For fiduciary and trust companies, we draft contracts and Trust Deeds
- Complex wills and probate: We can offer solutions to clients wishing to ensure their estate passes to their children but not their children’s spouses in the event of any future separations
- Tax Compliance: We assist clients from initial advice through to HMRC investigations
Discreet, professional and experienced, your Private Client matters will be safe in our hands.