Family, business and personal relationships, can be complex and various issues can arise in the context of those relationships.
Where disputes do arise, we advise on high-value and complex trust and estate disputes. Our objective is to engage in alternative dispute resolution procedures where appropriate.
If conflict is necessary or unavoidable, we will pursue or defend litigation and/or arbitration proceedings involving multiple parties in multiple jurisdictions.
Our clients include high net worth individuals and our work includes cases that that involve individuals, family trusts, commercial and charitable trusts, family businesses, family offices, trustees and other fiduciaries.
Our expertise includes:
- Domestic and international trust disputes between beneficiaries and/or trustees
- Trust restructuring disputes
- Fraudulent misappropriation of trust assets
- Challenging and defending trust assets against creditors
- Estate and succession disputes
- Professional negligence claims concerning the administration of trusts and estates
- Worldwide asset-tracing and recovery, injunctions and freezing orders
Should our clients need be non-contentious, then we can offer advice in the following areas:
- private wealth and tax planning
- international private wealth and capital
- family businesses
- fiduciary and trust companies
- complex wills and probate
- tax compliance
- tax disputes with HMRC